Welcome to the 4th Annual Dartmoor Geocoin Race.
As voted by the participants, this year’s race starts on Saturday 11th February and finishes on 30th November. But you don’t have to place your geocoin on that date, just any date following. If you want to participate but haven’t yet got a race coin, it is definitely not too late, details below.
I’ve always tried to avoid too many rules but the following few are necessary:
- Coins MUST start the race with zero mileage – if any mileage has already been recorded before 11th February, please delete those logs.
- Please DO NOT give coins to friends to take somewhere. All coins must be released into a cache to be picked up by anybody, NOT somebody known to you.
- Only original Dartmoor 2017 coins can be used – NO nasty proxies please!
- If you bought (or buy) a second coin from me at a cheaper rate it MUST be entered in the race. A couple last year never got started which is not fair on others who paid the normal price for their coins.
- I am only going to count the number of miles travelled.
Some useful hints and tips:
- Physically label your geocoin to say that it is in a race and needs to be moved as far as possible.
- Give as much information about the race on the geocoin description page as possible and include a photo, use the one above if you wish.
- Don’t let cachers keep dipping your coin unless they are going long distances – coins need to be placed in a cache so that they can be moved on.
- If a cacher hasn’t placed your coin within a few days email them and ask them to do so. Don’t let them forget they have it!
- Watch any cache your coin is placed in and ensure that the next visitor logs it as retrieved. If they don’t ask them if the coin was in the cache.
- You can get a really good start by placing your geocoin in a travel bug hotel. However, these could be more at risk than a normal cache. You also may want to avoid a cache & dash or place it in a PM only cache. However, after it has been retrieved you will have no control.
The geocoin will remain your property and you can set whatever goals you would like on the geocoin page. I would ask you NOT to remove the geocoin’s name but to add to it, e.g. it comes named as Dartmoor National Park 2017 Geocoin, so you could add Sue’s ….. to the front of it. That way everybody can still search for it and I can produce some race details.
If you haven’t got a race coin yet it is definitely NOT too late. Some late entries have done very well and won prizes.
The following have entered the race – please let me know immediately if you are not on the list and please ensure that I know your geocoins tb number.Updated 15th February 2017
|Name||Cacher Name||TB No||Miles||Last Location||Status|
|Ade Lewis||Ade_ez||TB89PM0||0||With Owner||Activated|
|Andrew Stokes||stokes2342||TB89PFC||0||Northern Territory,|
|Andy Lawrie||Amberel||TB89PT1||0||With owner||Activated|
|Barrie Papworth||Brooklands136||0||With owner||Not Activated|
|Belinda McSherry||T&BMcSherry||TB89PFE||0||With owner||Activated|
|Carol Norrish||Dylan1966||TB89PM7||0||With Owner||Activated|
|Cathy Pengilly||Pinguigloo||TB89PH9||0||With owner||Activated|
|Christine Hutchins||chutch74||0||With owner||Not Activated|
|Colin Cooke||The Cooke Family||TB89PFN||0||With owner||Activated|
|Isaac Ogden||heartradio||TB89PFW||0||With owner||Activated|
|Janet Kneller||Weather-IT||TB89PRW||0||With owner||Activated|
|Janice Papworth||papworth||0||With owner||Not Activated|
|Jason Dean||dixie_gooner||TB89PFX||0||With owner||Activated|
|Joe Bird||miss130||0||With owner||Not activated|
|Jon Dand||Digby Cachers||TB89PM5||0||With owner||Activated|
|Liam Cooke||navyspootter||TB89PMF||0||With owner||Activated|
|Lisa Canning||Angelaobscura||TB89PHT||0||With owner||Activated|
|Louise Auty||Balrogslayers Mum||0||With owner||Not Activated|
|Maureen Willcocks||Wandering Willies||TB89PG0||0||With owner||Not Activated|
|Mel Read||Moira Crackers||0||In post||Pre-race|
|Suzy Ayshford||Jazz_a||TB89PRQ||0||With owner||Activated|
|Warren Batrick||Bogbunny||0||With owner||Not Activated|