Have you joined the Dartmoor Geocaching Facebook group? – please click opposite –>
Click on a red pointer to see the details or zoom in to see a blue pointer
I have received several enquiries asking about Dartmoor series that are suitable for families, so as it is the school holidays, I thought I might attempt to describe some of them. The current map is only a start and I shall add to it over time.
So how do I define a family series? In my opinion the following should apply:
- The terrain should be suitable for most children over the age of about 5, but not necessarily buggy-friendly or toddler friendly
- The caches should be varied in nature and include at least several caches big enough to hold decent swag and trackables
- There should also be some novelty caches
- Most of the caches should be fairly easy to find within 5 or 10 minutes and accessible by a child
- There should be minimum use of roads, probably no more than 20% of the series
- The series should end up at your starting point
- The series should be well maintained.
At the moment I have included only 5 series which meet all or most of the above, but there are others which I shall add later. A description and a link to the first cache can be found by selecting one of the red pointers above. If you see a blue pointer you will need to zoom in.
Please feel free to comment below, but you will need to register to do that.