Caches up for grabs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    muddypuddles
    Participant

I’ve decided to wind up my cache-owning business for the time being due to other commitments, so there are plenty of caches up for grabs if anyone wants to adopt any of them. I’ve already started archiving some of them, so speak now or forever hold your peace. If you would like to adopt any of my caches, then please get in contact with me, otherwise they’ll all be for the chop, except Robert Hooke, who’s my favourite – who wouldn’t want a cache marked by a star?

Keymaster

Matt, I would certainly be interesting in adopting your Heart of Dartmoor series

Dave

Participant

Muddypuddles has already transferred two of that series to me Dave, but alas the rest are too far for me to commit to upkeep so great if you can help with the others.

Is the huge (and recent) Dartmoor Forest also going – and can anyone keep that alive?

Was actually quite emotional last night when I saw Dewer Ramble archived, that was one of my all time favourite walks – but on the facebook group, Station Master has already indicated he’ll lay another along the route if nobody else does in a while, which means I can walk it again 🙂

Sad to see your stuff go, MP – you’ve done huge work for geocaching in the SW and whatever happens I hope you find your way back again some time.

• This reply was modified 11 years, 8 months ago by Avatar photodartymoor.
    muddypuddles
    Participant

Thanks for your kind words, Dartymoor, but I’m not stopping caching, only owning for the time being, and yes the Dartmoor Forest series is going too.

DD has (or will be) adopting: the remainder of the Heart of Dartmoor series, Beardown Tor, Little Mis Tor and Laughter Hole Stepping Stones.

I’ve also dumped him with Beehive and Ducks’ Pool, both of which I hope he will accept.

There are still plenty more up for grabs though, so roll up, roll up!

Participant

I do not live particularly close to Dartmoor but before archiving those great caches out there I would be willing to adopt as I do spend quite some time out there.  So sad that I did not manage to finish the Forrest series. Was really enjoying it.

Not sure how to go about it. I will have a look at the caches.

muddypuddles
    Participant

The Alphabet Puzzle Challenge has been adopted by windrush. Thanks, M.

Keymaster

Like Dartymoor, I was really sad when I saw some of Matt’s caches being archived.  Initially I thought it was just the Dewer Ramble and the odd cache, but when I saw his post on here I realised it was much more serious and would have a real impact on Dartmoor geocaching.  It is a real shame that Matt has come to this decision especially after his huge efforts with the Dartmoor Forest series, which is now totally in place and shouldn’t require too much maintenance in the near future.

Unfortunately there is no way I can adopt these caches as well as the HoD series and hopefully somebody else might be prepared to or maybe Matt might have second thoughts on these caches?  If not they will be a real loss to Dartmoor geocaching and to those cachers who have made a start on the series and who had hoped to take several months or years to complete it.

Whatever the outcome I would like to thank Matt for his inspiration and help to me, and no doubt to others, who have come new to geocaching and who have respected him for his caches remote on the moor and of course for the numerous puzzle caches.  I am sure that he will continue to log the usual stream of FTFs on my caches and we will eagerly await his return to ownership hopefully not too far in the distance.

Thanks once more Matt for all your help, encouragement and some truly great caches.  I still rate the Heart of Dartmoor series as the number 1 series on Dartmoor and the Tavy Treasure Trail as the number 1 cache, many thanks.

muddypuddles
    Participant

I’m glad my caches have been enjoyed enough for people to want to keep them going, and I’ve had many kind offers of help.

ELDitton is taking on the Dartmoor Forest series. Station Master has taken on Blank, Down, Gutter and Snappers Tors. Tamerton Chocolates has taken on the scientists and Shavercombe Brook waterfall

Participant

Glad to hear so many are being saved. Kudos to ElDitton for taking on that monster!

muddypuddles
    Participant

dartmoor strider has taken over: SX7088, Bag Tor, Pil Tor, Green Down, Gidley Bridge, Fireplace, This Will Be The Ruin Of Us (Revived) and The Scrubbs. Thanks, DS!

muddypuddles
    Participant

A big thank you to everyone who has adopted any of my caches. They have all been taken now, except for the four I’m keeping.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.