Dartmoor Ancient Boundary Walk

Welcome to Dartmoor Geocaching Forums Dartmoor Trivia Dartmoor Ancient Boundary Walk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

In 1982 we thought it would be a good idea to start a challenging walk around the Ancient Boundary of Dartmoor as stated by King Henry III in the year 1240.
    The route is 48 miles long over Dartmoors’ most remote areas.
    Plenty of Caches on the way!
    If anyone is feeling energetic why not give it go.
    Check out the web page here
    Good Luck Ochico

If ever a route deserved a new set of trail caches in its honour this is the one 😎
    Enjoyed reading the participants logs – one or two familiar names too, like Red.Roaming for instance!
    There is also a great gallery of photo’s of the Annual New Years Day Fur Tor Bimble………Had to laugh at 1992, someone had an inflatable banana with them 😆
    Many thanks to Ian for bringing this ‘tempting’ perambulation to our attention – Team LympstoneBogtrotters would probably opt for staying in ALL the listed B&B’s on route 😉

muddypuddles
    Participant

What Ochico was too modest to mention was that they can provide a rucksack badge and certificate for anyone who does this great walk (for a modest fee, of course 😆 ). I did it last year. Took me two and a half days with two nights wild camping. It was great fun and I recommend it to anyone.

I think placing a series of caches round this ancient boundary, in a kind of trail, is a great idea! 😆

Brentorboxer
    Participant

Its a great walk, I’ve done it a couple of times and really enjoyed the challenge.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.