Archived – but still there! – Great Mis Tor "Jubilee"

Welcome to Dartmoor Geocaching Forums Archived – but still there! Archived – but still there! – Great Mis Tor "Jubilee"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

GC5FFC is another fine old age cache, this one rejuvenated by DD.
    I’m not sure if I approve of moving someone else’s cache (see another topic) but I did log it this year on a miserable freezing fogged in March day.
    Again it would have been nice if it could have been adopted in it’s original position, particularly as it could have been used for the Dartmoor Forest series. I guess it is still there to be logged. GH.

Keymaster

As far as I am aware this cache is still there, but I couldn’t make up my mind whether to include it in this forum or not. I stumbled upon this cache when I was creating my “Search the Dartmoor Archives” cache. There were logs to say it had been found recently but not in its original position. So I went to search for it and did indeed find the remains of the original cache in a dreadful state. It was broken and saturated but had the original label still inside. It couldn’t be left where it was as it was completely exposed, but this wasn’t its original location anyway. So I replaced the cache and moved it to a safer location. I tried several times to contact the owner, but he never replied. I recently looked for the cache but was very short of time and couldn’t find it although I believe it is still there.

Dave Johnson
    Participant

It was there last weekend, as new condition thanks to DD.

Keymaster

Thanks Dave 😛 This cache http://coord.info/GC5FFC has been logged as found 8 times since it was archived.

Participant

Turns out GC2ZJE5 is also available, found today after nearly ten months since it was last found.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.